Physical Exam in New York City
Our team of board-certified nurse practitioners at the Nurse Practitioner Group is dedicated to providing the care you need to stay healthy and to help prevent potential disease and illness.
We offer preventative primary care examinations, screenings, and treatment to patients aged 18 months and older to help maintain a healthy life. It is recommended that all individuals, regardless of age, receive a preventative physical exam on an annual basis.
Our preventative health screenings include:
- Family medical history screening
- Annual physical exam
- Blood pressure check
- EKG/ECG (electrocardiogram) testing as needed
- Infection and disease testing and treatment (see below)
- Immunizations (see below)
- Well woman visit consultations, including preventative cervical and breast cancer screenings
- Tobacco use screening
- Wellness and nutrition counseling
- Pre-operative examinations
Laboratory and blood tests we provide include:
- Blood work for cholesterol and Vitamin D levels, liver and kidney function tests
- Pap smear test for cervical cancer prevention
- Sexually transmitted infection (STI) testing, including:
- Hepatitis B and C
- Bacterial Vaginosis
- Trichomoniasis, and more
- Urinalysis (Urine) test
- Pregnancy test
- Stool occult (blood) test
Immunizations we provide include:
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Yellow Fever
- Japanese Encephalitis
- Rabies, and more
- Chicken pox
- HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
- Rubella, and more
During your visit, we will provide and in-depth medical history review with you, and answer any questions you may have related to your health and wellness. We will then conduct a physical examination and provide testing, treatment, and preventative wellness counseling as needed.
If additional specialized treatment is needed, we will provide you with a referral to trusted specialists within the ColumbiaDoctors network.
To make an appointment, call 212-326-5705.