Get medical clearance and pre-op exams in New York City
If you have a scheduled elective surgery coming up, our nurse practitioners can provide you with a pre-operative examination required prior to your procedure.
We provide pre-operative exams for:
- Back or other orthopedic surgeries
- Cardiovascular surgeries
- Ear, nose and throat surgeries
- Gastrointestinal surgeries
- Gynecological surgeries
- And other surgeries
Our pre-operative exam services include:
- Pre-operative consultation with in-depth medical history review
- Family medical history screening
- Physical exam
- Blood pressure check
- Blood and urine lab tests, as indicated
- EKG/ECG (electrocardiogram) exam as needed
During your visit, we will provide you with a pre-operative consultation to assess your health condition, as well as answer any questions about your upcoming procedure. We will then conduct a physical examination and provide testing and treatment as needed.
If there are any concerns about your health that may impact your scheduled surgery, we will consult with your surgeon to discuss further.
If additional specialized treatment is needed, we will provide patients with a referral to trusted specialists within the ColumbiaDoctors network.